22nd INLA Nuclear Inter Jura Congress will be hosted by NLA in India
“The Future of Nuclear Law: Addressing Societal, Environmental and Business Expectations”
New Delhi, India 7 – 11 November, 2016
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
Contact: Els Reyaners Kini, Secretary, NLA. Email: email@example.com
Kerala High Court upheld the Constitutional validity of the CNLD Act
Abstract Submission and Registration: 30-November, 2015
Final Submission: 21-December, 2015 (23:59)
Organized by Gujarat National Law University & Nuclear Law Association
Jointly organised by Nuclear Law Association, India (NLA) & TERI University, New Delhi (TU)
11 Monday – 16 Saturday, January 2016
Venue: TERI University, Vasant Kunj Campus, New Delhi
Program and Participation form can be downloaded from the link below,
The objective of the NLA-TU Winter Course is to familiarise the participants with:
- the basic understanding of nuclear science and technology;
- the legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
- the functioning of a nuclear power plant;
- the IAEA – its history, codes and guidelines -, and international nuclear treaties;
- regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
- India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned. The trip is only for Indian nationals.
Faculty – Legal, Scientific, Industry and Diplomacy Professionals from:
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Department of Atomic Energy (India)
- OECD – Nuclear Energy Agency (OECD-NEA)
- Diplomats, lawyers, nuclear insurance industry and research Institutes
Participants (max. 35):
- Lawyers, legal advisers and counsels;
- Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
- Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
- Social science researchers and faculty;
- Law professors and researchers; and
- PhD students, and 4th and 5th year law students.
Fees for 6-day course
- Rs. 25,000 per person.
- Rs 60,000 for three persons from the same organization.
- Rs. 10,000 for NLA members / and Rs. 5000 for students.
The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course, the course materials and travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant. Accommodation is not covered.
M P Ram Mohan, Associate Professor, TERI University, New Delhi: Phone: (+91) 92127-63410, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
R Rajesh Babu, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata: Phone: (+91) 98310-31540,Email: email@example.com
Coordinator & enquiry:
Ms. Rishika Singh, Lawyer and Researcher: Phone: (+91) 88004-56888, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal of Risk Research: Vol 18, Issue 8, 2015
Guest Editors: Ram Mohan M. P.and Rajesh Babu R.
Organisational risk perception and transformations in India’s nuclear establishment: Catherine Mei Ling Wong
Negligence, capture, and dependence: safety regulation of the design of India’s Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor: M.V. Ramana & Ashwin K. Seshadri
Nuclear energy and risk assessment by Indian courts: analysis of judicial intervention in the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project: M.P. Ram Mohan & Akshay Shandilya
Japan-India civil nuclear energy cooperation: prospects and concerns: Hiroaki Nakanishi
The Iran Nuclear Deal: What You Need to Know about the JCPOA: United States White House document
IAEA and Iran: Monitoring and Verification in Iran
The Iran Nuclear Deal – A Simple Guide: 14 July 2015: The New York Times