1st Annual Conference and Student Debate program of Nuclear Law Association will be held on 17th & 18th February, 2012 at New Delhi. More information at http://www.nlain.org/
One of the main aims of Nuclear Law Association is to engage stakeholders relating to the peaceful use of nuclear energy. The first annual conference will be a confluence of the legal community, policy makers, industry, civil society, and non-governmental organizations. The purpose is to discuss the role of law and legal institutions in India with respect to nuclear energy development.
Conference Call for papers:
All papers must focus on law relating to the nuclear energy sector and its implications for India. Critical and comparative analysis of process and law is encouraged. The papers must be submitted under identified themes. The sub-themes are mentioned by way of example only.
Nuclear Polity, Law and Governance
- Nuclear decision-making and the Parliament of India
- International Nuclear Energy Politics and India
- Role of the states and nuclear energy development
Nuclear Regulatory Process
- Nuclear regulatory structure
- Public Involvement in the nuclear regulatory process
- Regulatory independence and accountability
Nuclear Liability and Compensation Law>
- International nuclear liability law
- Nuclear liability law in India
|Submission of Abstract:||30th September, 2011 [Closed]|
|Confirmation:||10th October, 2011 [Confirmation sent]|
|Submission of draft:||15th December, 2011|
|Peer review response:||30th December, 2011|
|Submission of final paper:||15th January, 2012|
- Interested participants have to first send an abstract of not more than 300 words by the deadline.
- All papers must focus on law relating to the nuclear energy sector and its implications for India.
- Critical and comparative analysis of process and law is encouraged.
- The papers must be submitted under identified themes. The sub-themes are mentioned by way of example only.
All abstracts must be sent to::
Nuclear Law Association, 6/39 Jungpura-B
New Delhi – 110 014, India
The Student Program: The Nuclear Law Parliamentary Debate, 2012
All participants would be provided with accommodation and meals for the duration of the competition at the campus of the Jindal Global Law School.
The registration details, rules and regulations of the competition and a more detailed scheduled will be put up on the NLA and Jindal Global Law School website in due course.